Molly’s Blog: Our trip to Acadia!

Posted on Thursday October 22, 2015

Molly Blais

October 3, 2015

We started off on Friday morning by packing for Acadia National Park. After many hours of getting things ready, we were finally off and on the road. During the 3 hour trip, we stopped at many places, including  Renys, Walmart, and L.L. Bean. We arrived at the campground around 6:30 pm where we set up our tents, in the dark. After we slowly put together our tents, we then had a fire to make dinner. Dinner was very classic campground food, rice and beans with hot dogs. We then ended the night with s’mores and circle.

On Saturday, we woke up at 6:00 am to the freezing cold and piled into the van to go to Bar Harbor, for hot refreshments at a little cafe. After having delicious coffee and tea, we walked to Atlantic Climbing School around the block. When we arrived, Eli, the instructor, gave us the spiel of climbing the rock cliffs with our equipment. Back in the van we went towards the park and Otter Cliffs. We all had a huge amount of adrenalin as we approached the cliffs. Not knowing what to expect we quickly gathered on top of the cliff and we repelled down. Then Eli set up another rope on a bigger cliff so that we could climb up it for a bigger and better challenge. Some of us just enjoyed the beautiful ocean view, as the sun shined down. After climbing we all piled back into the van to go have picnic. As soon as lunch was done, we traveled to Sandy Beach. Many of us played soccer until our soccer ball was lost in the deep blue sea. Tobie lead the charge into the ocean as Oren and Joseph followed.

From there we traveled to Thunder Hole, where no action was happening. We all sat and just relaxed for a couple of minutes, thinking about the delicious pizza we would have at Rosalie’s in Bar Harbor. We arrived at Rosalie’s exhausted and starving from our long day. Joseph ordered seven pizzas and we were left with two whole pizzas for the next day’s breakfast.

After exploring Bar Harbor for a while, we met back up for an ice-cream. While enjoying our yummy ice-cream,  we took off in the van to go back to camp. Getting to camp was very fast and we were soon around the camp fire. We had another circle, where we shared something we had learned about someone else that day. After ending the night with a great ending, we headed to bed for an early morning.. yet again.

This time it was 5:00 am and we had a hurried drive up Cadillac Mountain for the earliest sunrise in America. It was about 32 degrees and the wind was wild. After seeing the most beautiful sunrise over the ocean, we all fell asleep on the long ride home.

This picture is of the view we climbed over at Otter Cliffs

This picture is the sunrise at Cadillac Mountain